As some readers may know, the lovely people at Twitter are making some updates to their system. Below is the press release email being sent round. Leave your thoughts below. Necessary changes or something totally unnecessary?
New things are always happening here at Twitter HQ. We’re growing at a rapid pace, and our commitment to simplicity, transparency, and reaching every person on the planet continues. We thought you might be interested in knowing about some of our most recent developments:
- A new weekly email that delivers the most interesting news and items you might have missed from the people you’re connected to on Twitter.
- Now Twitter is in more languages than ever. Check for your preferred language and change your setting.
- Download the latest Twitter mobile apps at twitter.com/download.
- There’s more to Discover on Twitter.com – try out the new Discover tab.
As some readers may have heard, the lovely people at Twitter are making a few changes to the old system. Here is the press release/email making the rounds:
- We’ve provided more details about the information we collect and how we use it to deliver our services and to improve Twitter. One example: our new tailored suggestions feature, which is based on your recent visits to websites that integrate Twitter buttons or widgets, is an experiment that we’re beginning to roll out to some users in a number of countries. Learn more here.
- We’ve noted the many ways you can set your preferences to limit, modify or remove the information we collect. For example, we now support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting, which stops the collection of information used for tailored suggestions.
In our Terms of Service, we’ve clarified how your relationship with Twitter works and made a number of small changes and formatting improvements, such as new headings for easy reference and updated descriptions of our services.
The Twitter Team